One of the most frequently requested jobs is the improvement of the security level of the armored door. When in the door there is a lock with a double-bit key, it is certainly the case to change the lock, with a work called "conversion from double bit to European cylinder" or "transformation from double bit to European cylinder".
The reason for the opportunity of this intervention has several good reasons:
SECURITY: locks with a double-bit key, also known as lever or gorges locks, have now become easily opened in a few minutes even by inexperienced thieves, through the use of dedicated lock picks that allow the opening of the lock and the decoding of the key quickly and effectively; we are talking about the well-known "Bulgarian tool", named for the alleged nationality of those who designed and put it into circulation.
RELIABILITY: double-bit key locks wear out quite early, causing malfunctions when not even blocking when the so-called "turn-key" or "idle turn" of the key occurs, blocking the unlucky person inside and outside the home, and forcing him to look for someone who can unlock the emergency lock. Even the keys themselves are rather delicate, as long as they fall to the ground, which often jumps off a tooth, making the key unusable.
The conversion of the double-bit lock to a European cylinder is an intervention that is performed on the spot without having to take the door away, generally it does not require more than a couple of hours, and it brings various advantages such as:
- INCREASED SECURITY: certified security cylinders resist handling techniques including "bumping", and are in turn protected by anti-drill and tear-resistant armor known as "defender", making it very difficult to break in even with electric tools; the keys have a controlled duplication, this means that they can be duplicated at the authorized duplication centers, only upon presentation of the property card present in the package.
- PRACTICALITY: the keys of the safety cylinders are small, compact and generally sturdy; in case of need, the replacement of the cylinder is a simple intervention and therefore not very expensive in terms of labor.
- POSSIBILITY OF UNIFICATIONS: if there is more than one door (doors, gates, overhead doors, etc.) it is possible to make sure that all the locks are operated by a single key, simply by installing cylinders of the same brand and model on all the gates.
- PREPARATION FOR FUTURE UPDATES: even modern electronic locks are mostly electronic cylinders, this means that tomorrow you can convert your mechanical safety cylinder into an intelligent lock that can open and close by itself and manage authorizations access, simply by loosening a screw!
HOW TO SEND US THE INTERVENTION REQUEST:
In case of problems on armored doors, to help us better identify the door and lock model send us the following photos by e-mail:
1) INTERIOR OF THE DOOR
2) OUTSIDE OF THE DOOR
3) PROFILE OF THE KEYWAY SIDE DOOR